Employment - more than just a job
Working for Compassion is about more than just doing a job; it’s about making a difference for over a million children around the world. You can learn more about Compassion’s ministry here.
Compassion Australia has a national workforce of over 140 people. Jobs include frontline positions that lead our engagement with churches, donors and Child Advocates along with a range of professional and support positions in areas such as marketing, finance, IT and HR.
Depending on your role, some of the benefits of working for Compassion Australia include:
- Salary sacrifice options which can increase take home pay
- Generous superannuation and insurance provisions
- Study assistance for TAFE or university
- Monthly rostered day off
- Weekly staff meetings and devotions featuring national and international speakers
- The opportunity to travel to one of the 26 developing countries where Compassion works and see our child development programs firsthand
- A vibrant and healthy organisational culture: Compassion International recently received a Gallup Great Workplace Award in recognition of its culture of high engagement
Compassion Australia offices are spread across five locations:
- Newcastle (Head Office): All the convenience of a large city combined with the relaxed lifestyle of a coastal town. Listed in Lonely Planet’s top 10 cities for 2011. More here.
- Brisbane/Sunshine Coast
Current job opportunities with Compassion Australia are listed below.