Employment - more than just a job
Working for Compassion is about more than just doing a job; it’s about making a difference for over a million children around the world. You can learn more about Compassion’s ministry here.
Compassion Australia has a national workforce of over 140 people. Jobs include frontline positions that lead our engagement with churches, donors and Child Advocates along with a range of professional and support positions in areas such as marketing, finance, IT and HR.
Depending on your role, some of the benefits of working for Compassion Australia include:
- Salary sacrifice options which can increase take home pay
- Generous superannuation and insurance provisions
- Study assistance for TAFE or university
- Monthly rostered day off
- Weekly staff meetings and devotions featuring national and international speakers
- The opportunity to travel to one of the 26 developing countries where Compassion works and see our child development programs firsthand
- A vibrant and healthy organisational culture: Compassion International recently received a Gallup Great Workplace Award in recognition of its culture of high engagement
Compassion Australia offices are spread across five locations:
- Newcastle (Head Office): All the convenience of a large city combined with the relaxed lifestyle of a coastal town. Listed in Lonely Planet’s top 10 cities for 2011. More here.
- Brisbane/Sunshine Coast
Current job opportunities with Compassion Australia are listed below.
Relationship Manager: Southeast (Readvertised)
- Remotely based (negotiable within southeast NSW region) reporting to Newcastle office
- Permanent full-time
Do you enjoy the challenge of building new working relationships with individuals and groups? Are you skilled and experienced at purposefully developing these relationships over the long term? Here’s a chance to utilise your relationship management skills for a cause that matters.
Compassion Australia is part of a global ministry that seeks to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name. As a Relationship Manager you will work as part of an Area team to build and manage relationships with a range of groups including churches, advocates and donors that will increase Compassion’s profile, influence and impact.
The successful candidate will be an active Christian with a heart for the poor, who is humble and teachable, and has:
- A demonstrated capacity to build the influence and impact of an organisation by developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including the ability to network with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Well-developed administrative skills
- Knowledge of the Australian local church context
- Knowledge of global poverty and development
- Tertiary qualifications in Sales, Marketing, Communication or equivalent experience
- Experience publically representing an organisation
If you would like to be considered for this position, please download the information pack and send your application, addressing your fit with Compassion’s values and cultural behaviours, job specific skills, knowledge and qualifications and experience set out under the Position Information, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 28 June 2013.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources on 02 4935 5000 or email email@example.com .