Employment - more than just a job
Working for Compassion is about more than just doing a job; it’s about making a difference for over a million children around the world. You can learn more about Compassion’s ministry here.
Compassion Australia has a national workforce of over 140 people. Jobs include frontline positions that lead our engagement with churches, donors and Child Advocates along with a range of professional and support positions in areas such as marketing, finance, IT and HR.
Depending on your role, some of the benefits of working for Compassion Australia include:
- Salary sacrifice options which can increase take home pay
- Generous superannuation and insurance provisions
- Study assistance for TAFE or university
- Monthly rostered day off
- Weekly staff meetings and devotions featuring national and international speakers
- The opportunity to travel to one of the 26 developing countries where Compassion works and see our child development programs firsthand
- A vibrant and healthy organisational culture: Compassion International recently received a Gallup Great Workplace Award in recognition of its culture of high engagement
Compassion Australia offices are spread across five locations:
- Newcastle (Head Office): All the convenience of a large city combined with the relaxed lifestyle of a coastal town. Listed in Lonely Planet’s top 10 cities for 2011. More here.
Current job opportunities with Compassion Australia are listed below.
RELATIONSHIP ADMINISTRATOR: SYDNEY METRO
- Based in Annandale, Sydney NSW
- Six-month, full-time parental leave relief position
In response to God’s calling and in the power of the Holy Spirit the Relationship Administrator is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient administration of various activities designed to support the Area Manager and Relationship Managers in order to maximise Compassion Australia’s profile, influence and impact within the Area.
The successful applicant will be an active Christian with a heart for the poor, who is humble and teachable, and has:
- A proven track record of providing wide ranging administrative support to a cross-functional team
- Exemplary administrative skills, including outstanding attention to detail
- Exemplary communication skills, including the ability to communicate via phone and email with people from diverse backgrounds
- Time management skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple calendars
- Knowledge of business principles and processes, including records and budget management
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety regulations and requirements
If you would like to be considered for this position, please download the information pack and send your application, addressing your fit with Compassion’s values and cultural behaviours, job specific skills, knowledge and qualifications and experience set out under the Position Description, to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 22 August 2014.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources on 02 4935 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .