Employment - more than just a job
Working for Compassion is about more than just doing a job; it’s about making a difference for over a million children around the world. You can learn more about Compassion’s ministry here.
Compassion Australia has a national workforce of over 140 people. Jobs include frontline positions that lead our engagement with churches, donors and Child Advocates along with a range of professional and support positions in areas such as marketing, finance, IT and HR.
Depending on your role, some of the benefits of working for Compassion Australia include:
- Salary sacrifice options which can increase take home pay
- Generous superannuation and insurance provisions
- Study assistance for TAFE or university
- Monthly rostered day off
- Weekly staff meetings and devotions featuring national and international speakers
- The opportunity to travel to one of the 26 developing countries where Compassion works and see our child development programs firsthand
- A vibrant and healthy organisational culture: Compassion International recently received a Gallup Great Workplace Award in recognition of its culture of high engagement
Compassion Australia offices are spread across five locations:
- Newcastle (Head Office): All the convenience of a large city combined with the relaxed lifestyle of a coastal town. Listed in Lonely Planet’s top 10 cities for 2011. More here.
Current job opportunities with Compassion Australia are listed below.
Travel Centre Advisor
Full-time 2 year contract position based in Newcastle, NSW
We are seeking an Advisor for a full-time, 2 year contract position. The Travel Centre Advisor facilitates visits and trips to the field for Compassion supporters, guests and staff. The Travel Centre Advisor also organises other corporate travel, both domestic and international and provides an excellent customer experience for supporters and staff.
Reporting to the Travel Centre Manager, the Travel Centre Advisor’s role will:
- Provide end-to end travel solutions for both individuals and groups travelling domestically and internationally with, or on behalf of Compassion Australia, including itineraries, budgets, visas, insurance and travel options
- Review and develop Travel Centre procedures as directed to ensure quality improvement
- Ensure accuracy of information entered and maintained in both Compassion Australia’s systems and other external systems used within Travel Centre while observing any legal statutory requirements and compliance with privacy legislation
- Highly developed administrative skills, including the ability to manage confidential records and write procedure documents
- High attention to detail
- Highly developed ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Highly developed Microsoft Office skills
- Highly developed written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write procedure documents and paraphrase written communication sensitively between cultures
If you would like to be considered for this position, please download the information pack and send your application, addressing your fit with Compassion’s values and cultural behaviours, job specific skills, knowledge and qualifications and experience set out under the Position Description, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 29 September 2014.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources on 02 4935 5000 or email email@example.com .