Employment - more than just a job
Working for Compassion is about more than just doing a job; it’s about making a difference for over a million children around the world. You can learn more about Compassion’s ministry here.
Compassion Australia has a national workforce of over 140 people. Jobs include frontline positions that lead our engagement with churches, donors and Child Advocates along with a range of professional and support positions in areas such as marketing, finance, IT and HR.
Depending on your role, some of the benefits of working for Compassion Australia include:
- Salary sacrifice options which can increase take home pay
- Generous superannuation and insurance provisions
- Study assistance for TAFE or university
- Monthly rostered day off
- Weekly staff meetings and devotions featuring national and international speakers
- The opportunity to travel to one of the 26 developing countries where Compassion works and see our child development programs firsthand
- A vibrant and healthy organisational culture: Compassion International recently received a Gallup Great Workplace Award in recognition of its culture of high engagement
Compassion Australia offices are spread across five locations:
- Newcastle (Head Office): All the convenience of a large city combined with the relaxed lifestyle of a coastal town. Listed in Lonely Planet’s top 10 cities for 2011. More here.
Current job opportunities with Compassion Australia are listed below.
AREA MANAGER: SYDNEY METROPOLITAN
- Based in Annandale, Sydney NSW
- Permanent, full-time position
Are you an experienced and capable people manager in search of a new and more meaningful challenge? We are currently seeking an Area Manager who will lead and manage a high performing team that maximises Compassion Australia’s profile, influence and impact across the Sydney Metropolitan area.
The successful applicant will be an active Christian with a heart for the poor, who is humble and teachable and possesses outstanding interpersonal, planning and administrative skills in order to:
- Manage a cross-functional team responsible for Compassion’s engagement with churches, donors and advocates, including the provision of regular 1-1 performance evaluations and coaching
- Collaborate with other Area Managers and senior management based in the Newcastle head office to develop and report on strategic plans, operational plans and budgets
- Establish and manage a small number of key relationships with local churches, advocates and/or major donors.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please download the information pack and send your application, addressing your fit with Compassion’s values and cultural behaviours, job specific skills, knowledge and qualifications and experience set out under the Position Description, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wednesday 10 September 2014.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources on 02 4935 5000 or email email@example.com .