Your child sponsorship experience, explained in GIFs.
08 Nov, 2017
1. When things get a little lost in translation…
“I like to climb my house’s roof to fly kites but my grandma doesn’t let me do that.”
Sometimes things get lost in translation, but often it’s just the quirky personalities of the children themselves! Check out our favourite one-liners from children’s letters here.
2. When your sponsored child writes these words: ‘I love you’ or ‘I’m praying for you’.
Building a relationship with a child and knowing your support is helping to release them from poverty is the best feeling ever.
3. Remember the moment you were deciding which child to sponsor?
Sometimes it can feel a little overwhelming! For future reference, check out this blog.
4. When you’re waiting for a letter to come.
We know it currently takes a while for you to receive letters from your sponsored child and we’re working hard to improve it. In the meantime, make sure you check your My Account. Letters will often appear there (under the ‘My Letters’ tab) before they’re sent to you in the mail. (And a letter notification email is in the works!)
4. Getting a letter from your sponsored child.
The best kind of letter to find in your mailbox! And FYI, the feeling’s mutual. Children LOVE hearing from you, too.
5. Sometimes feeling guilty that you’re not writing enough.
If you'd like to write but struggle to know what to say, try out these sample letters.
6. When you learn about a new culture through their letters.
Every letter is a little piece of Asia, Africa or Central or South America! It’s fun learning about the different cultural traditions, holidays and food.
8. When they tell you they’re doing well in school.
PROUD OF YOU!
9. Getting their new photo and marvelling at how much they’ve grown.
10. And despite the ocean separating you, feeling like your sponsored child is part of your family.
Start your own sponsorship story today.
Words by Zoe Noakes