volunteer with us
As a Friend of Compassion
We’re always in need of enthusiastic volunteers from the Newcastle area to help us carry out various tasks in our Warabrook head office.
If you have a gift for any of the below areas, and have some spare time to give, we’d love to hear from you!
- Letter processing
- Customer service
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Facilities management
- Graphic design
- Marketing and communications
Read our Friends of Compassion handbook for more information on volunteering with us.
If you have any questions bout voluntering, please contact us on 1300 22 44 53 or email email@example.com.
Through the Child Advocacy Network (CAN)
No matter what your skills are, if you have a heart for children living in poverty, then we would love you to join our Child Advocate Network! The CAN is a passionate, dynamic and creative Christian advocacy movement, seeking justice and life for children throughout the world. It provides a framework in which you can personalise your advocacy for children in ways that suit who you are and the talents that you have.
Join with like-minded child advocates to:
- Speak up—by writing letters, giving presentations and talking to friends
- Learn—about child development, social justice, child theology and Compassion
- Create—art, song, dance, film or more, and raise awareness and funds for children
- Pray—for children, transformation and Compassion
- Volunteer—in a Compassion office, in your community and in your church’s children’s ministry
- Take action—stand up for children, share Compassion, buy Fairtrade and reduce your carbon footprint
- Support—sponsor a child, give to the Child Survival Program or the Leadership Development Program and encourage your church’s children’s ministry.
If you’re a passionate child advocate who loves meeting people, being hands on and learning new skills, you might also consider joining our vibrant CAN events team and representing Compassion at conferences, concerts, churches and more!
Click here to find out more about the Child Advocate Network or click the button below to get involved today!