Letter writing is an important way to connect with your sponsored child and play a part in their holistic development. For a child living in poverty, your letters bring hope, support and encouragement that can make a huge difference in their lives. Yet sometimes, it can be difficult to know where to start.
11 May, 2022
If you’re looking for some letter writing inspiration or need to save time as you write, here’s a list of 50 easy questions you can include in your next letter. Today is the perfect time to write a letter to your sponsored child!
Family and Friends
- How does your family gather for meals?
- What type of household chores do you help with at home?
- Do you have any household pets?
- What is your breakfast routine like?
- Do you have any brothers or sisters?
- Who is in your family?
- Do you help cook at home?
- What are some things you love about your best friend?
Their Home Country
- What is going to church like in your country?
- What is school like in your country?
- What are weddings like in your country?
- What traditions and customs do you have in your country?
- How do people in your country do gardening?
- How do people in your country do farming?
- How do people travel to work in your country?
- What is your bedtime routine like?
- What types of animals do you have in your country?
- How do you stay cool in the summer in your country?
- What are some unique aspects of the culture in your country?
- Do you like going to school?
- What is your neighbourhood like?
- What makes you happy?
- What are you thankful for?
- My prayer for you this year is:
- How can I pray for you?
- What are some things that make you feel loved?
- What is something you are thanking God for right now?
- What is the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
- What do you like to do with your friends?
- What are you good at?
Likes and Dislikes
- What games or activities do you enjoy?
- What food do you like the most?
- What is your favourite family tradition?
- What is your favourite thing to do at home?
- What is your favourite sport to play?
- What is your favourite thing to learn at school?
- Do you prefer the morning time or night-time?
- What is your favourite way to spend your day?
- Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather?
- What is your favourite animal?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- Where is your favourite place to spend time?
School and Future
- What do you hope to do when you grow up?
- What is your favourite subject at school?
- What do you like to do outside of school?
- What do you like about the Compassion program?
- What have you done recently at your Compassion centre?
- What is your favourite thing to do at your Compassion centre?
- What is the best thing about your country?
- What would you most like to know about my country?
Asking questions is a great way to remind your sponsored child that you care for them. Did you know you can write online through your My Account?
Take five minutes to write a letter to your child today!
Words by Abigail Hogarth.
Restore a Generation
Two more years of school could lift 60 million out of poverty. Give today and restore a generation.