Your donation is sent to Compassion’s head offices in the 26 countries we work in: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Peru.
Using these funds, our local staff work with the parents and families of the children registered in Compassion’s Child Sponsorship Program to purchase their gift. These staff members know each child individually and can help choose them a gift that will be treasured and enjoyed.
Approximately 90 per cent of your donation is used specifically to purchase gifts for the children. The other 10 per cent is used for the administration costs of purchasing and distributing over 1.8 million Christmas presents!