- 450g flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup oil
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Honey or powdered sugar (optional)
1. Mix the flour with baking powder, sugar and salt. Add butter and eggs.
2. Gradually add milk, stirring continuously until the dough is thick and smooth.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough one centimetre thick; cut it into rectangles and fry in hot oil for approximately 30 seconds on each side, or until golden brown
4. Serve the Tawa Tawas with honey or sprinkle with powdered sugar.