Latest Compassion Update
Last updated 20 Apr, 2021
The COVID-19 crisis continues to affect many of the countries that Compassion works in. As many Compassion child development centres are still closed for group activities, local staff are connecting with children and their families individually to provide support. This can include emotional and spiritual support and delivering supplies such as hygiene kits, extra food, water, medical supplies and other resources.
In some countries, some of Compassion's processes, such as writing and delivering letters, are delayed. But be encouraged—children continue to pray for their sponsors and can't wait to write again. Watch some heartfelt messages from children to sponsors below.
How you can pray
Thank you for lifting up children and families around the world who are impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic—and the local staff and churches who continue to serve them in difficult circumstances.
- With social distancing practised and social events cancelled, pray that God will raise up a new chapter of building meaningful, deeper relationships with each other. Pray that God’s kindness and love will be on display in every nation and every walk of life.
- Pray for nations where food crises are following on the heels of isolation measures, as people lack access to sufficient clean water and food. Ask God to provide their daily bread and meet their needs.
- Pray for the Lord to protect the health of people who live in poverty, as they are the least able to socially isolate themselves or choose alternative work arrangements. Pray for children registered with the program in this season of sickness. Ask the Lord to place a hedge of protection over the children and their families.
- Lift up health workers, hospitals, administrators and decision-makers to God as they respond to the pandemic. Pray for protection, wisdom and hearts of compassion for the most vulnerable.
- Pray for wisdom and resilience for churches across the globe, as they live out His love in faith. May the Lord be their strength and guide as they respond to the challenges of the virus facing their communities and churches.
- Pray for Compassion supporters and sponsors all over the world. May each of them be surrounded by the grace, love and mercy of Jesus Christ. Ask the Lord to hold their hands and lead them.
For more prayer points—and if you have a prayer request— join our new Facebook prayer group for supporters, volunteers, staff and Advocates from around the nation. Thank you for praying with us!